Front Office Manager
AYA Niseko is a new luxury condominium-hotel based in Hokkaido, Japan; located in the heart of the internationally renowned Japanese ski area of Niseko.
With meticulously designed interiors, an extensive range of high-end services and facilities and a dedicated team of skilled hotel staff, AYA provides its guests with a truly inspirational ski-in ski-out experience.
After opening its doors during December 2016, AYA has already had great success in its inaugural winter season. Having accommodated up to 350 guests in its 79 privately owned luxury apartments, penthouses and private residences, AYA is now looking to expand its team further with the appointment of a new Front Office Manager.
As Front Office Manager, you will be the face of AYA Niseko and one of the most visible points of contact for all inbound guests: You will greet guests upon check in, be a source of information and advice throughout their stay, and wish them farewell upon their departure; all while overseeing an attentive team of domestic and international staff dedicated to providing unparalleled standards of hospitality for each and every guest.
Sitting directly at the foot of one of Grand Hirafu’s favourite ski runs, you will have unprecedented access to the slopes while being mere minutes away from the bustling centre of Hokkaido’s most popular international ski resort town. The Niseko area is renowned for its powder snow in the winter, and expansive natural vistas in the green season.
Under your leadership, the Reception desk and Concierge teams will be helping guests with accommodation and in-house amenities requests, providing assistance with organising a comprehensive range of on and off-snow services, and ensuring that all guest stays are as seamless and carefree as possible. You are expected to;
● Oversee and manage all front desk and concierge staff.
● Communicate with the public when appropriate; through inbound calls, emails and face-to-face guest enquiries.
● Maintain a working knowledge of AYA products, services, and dining options. (Required upkeep of local area knowledge is essential.)
● Assist with the hiring and training of new staff.
● Correspond internally with other hotel managers and teams; as well as liaise with external parties such as travel agencies and suppliers.
● Report regularly to upper management.
● Ensure AYA security requirements and policies as upheld.
Native English speaker with excellent spoken and written Japanese, OR; Native Japanese speaker with excellent spoken and written English.
● Proven experience in the Hospitality industry in a managerial position.
● Outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills.
● Ability to outline strategy and set clear, achievable goals.
● Exceptional problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
● Impeccable presentation and grooming standards worthy of Niseko’s premier luxury condominium hotel.
● Previous Front Office Manager experience.
● Passion for snowsports and/or the outdoors.
From ¥4.0M~ / Year, based upon prior experience.
Full time / Experienced;
105 days off / Year, with additional paid leave of 10 to 20 days / Year.
● Complementary Grand Hirafu Lift Pass.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV/resume and cover letter to email@example.com.